Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Underwriting Analyst will perform mathematical analysis, underwriting and actuarial modeling that provides clients, teams and leadership with statistical findings and conclusions.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE ROLE
- Conducts analysis and data development for a broad range of financial and actuarial functions. This support will include rate reviews, financial planning and projections, trend analysis, potential product development, provider reimbursement analysis, and medical cost containment analysis.
- Provides detailed technical work, including reports and models that are provided to clients.
- Along with Senior Underwriter, development of program rates, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Assists in preparing the Rate Development Templates, RFP analysis and templates for all assigned lines of business.
- Analyzes and assists in making recommendations on client strategy and cost containment initiatives.
- Works closely with a variety of individuals including underwriting/analysts, sales, consulting, health management and leadership.
- Understands and demonstrates project management and consulting skills such to include: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate, and assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Assists in planning and coordinating of marketing/networking activities (conferences and seminars)
- Prepares ad-hoc reports.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Use initiative to identify and overcome obstacles, manage through ambiguity, remain focused and highly productive
- Work cross-functionally and at all levels as both a self-starter and in a team environment
- Think critically, creatively, analytically, and with sound judgment to develop and provide comprehensive, in-depth financial analyses related to period results (financial statements), business case development, and ad hoc projects
- Simultaneously manage multiple assignments while maintaining composure, good judgment, and commitment to deadlines
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work in a well-organized manner, provide clear insights / directions and, as needed, influence the work of others in the department, with minimal supervision
- Drive and influence projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and little or no authority. Projects may extend beyond the organization and involve direction of company personnel both within and outside the department
- Think and work independently and work very flexible and long hours as required, including out-of-town travel
- Must have valid driver’s license, ability to travel to client sites and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive experience or equivalent combination of education and job related experience
- Exceptional ability in working with complex software and systems both as currently used by the Company and alternative industry standards.
- Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of in-depth financial, actuarial, accounting and business knowledge
- Advanced presentation skills to clients, within department and to project teams
- Able to operate in a matrix environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
- State Life, Accident & Health Insurance License is required and must be maintained
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.