Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Responsible for new insurance account production and sales activities within assigned accounts. Conducts research in the market and develops a base of business to educate, promote and sell insurance services. Keeps current on business community activities to obtain leads for business development activities. Maintains and services a profitable book of insurance business for existing clients. Projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, co-workers and others.
- Contacts current, past and potential clients to solicit new and renewed business
- Follows up on leads and responds promptly and efficiently to referrals. Listens attentively to the needs of the client and makes recommendations accordingly. Requests referrals from current insurance clients
- Creates and maintains accurate and up-to-date client lists assuring their needs are realized and that they are provided with relevant insurance information appealing to their specific needs
- Designs custom insurance plans for clients and recommends appropriate coverage, which are appropriate for them. Surveys loss exposures, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to ensure exposures for clients. Pre-qualifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Assures clients are educated concerning agency payment expectations and cancellation procedures.
- Collects premiums and past-due premiums from clients for purchases of new and upgraded coverage, and obtains signatures on applications for clients as required
- Assures clients are provided with the necessary documentation and information for record-keeping purposes. Creates letters to clients offering coverage, share information and advice regarding insurance matters
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals. Reviews audits of policies and verifies their accuracy. Assures necessary corrections between the client and the carrier are facilitated.
- Works with Customer Service Reps and/or Managers to review existing policy coverage, upgrade accounts and remarket when possible. Collects information from clients to prepare schedules of insurance, summaries and renewal proposals
- Reviews appropriate policy change requests and other account activity. Documents automated files as appropriate
- Participates in insurance marketing events, seminars, trade shows, telemarketing events and continuing education. Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up and adherence to goals.
- Documents coverage, exclusions and other specific information on the automated file. Provides detail pertaining to non-standard coverage limitations and binding restrictions to lower errors and commissions exposures
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Strong negotiator, avid problem solver and works well with different personalities to ensure sale.
- Working knowledge of insurance markets, products and usages is necessary, as well as insurance rating and underwriting procedures
- Working knowledge of coverage options and industry operations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to explain complex issues, receive and interpret information and respond appropriately
- Must be able to understand and interpret abstract and complex information
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to advise clients concerning their insurance needs
- Ability to calculate and perform mathematical functions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or 3 to 5 years’ sales experience in the insurance industry is preferred
- Experience working with complex coverages
- Property and Casualty Insurance License and/or Personal Lines Insurance License is required and must be maintained
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.