Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
This position leads and manages the operational functioning and development of the Personal Lines servicing team. The Personal Lines Team Lead oversees the day-to-day functions of the department and assists with operational, non-sales administration.
- Mentors and manages sales support team members.
- Champions communication of goals, vision, and procedures developed by leadership.
- Manages office environment and champions the creation and continuation of a culture of teamwork.
- Works with the Leadership Team and Human Resources to manage employees and implement projects and directives.
- Actively participates in the hiring and new hire onboarding process.
- Provides recommendations for hiring.
- Trains team members on duties, expectations, standards, policies. Audits and reviews these areas regularly as set by service standards; identifies/coordinates additional employee training as needed – AMS 360 specific.
- Immediately and effectively addresses and resolves performance concerns utilizing the support of Human Resources.
- Directs employee workflow, workload and overall performance.
- Provides feedback to management and team members about service structure to improve performance and productivity.
- Coordinates time off within department to ensure service level and appropriate reporting of time off.
- Assures service standards are being met utilizing the audit and review process.
- Assures client service standards are being met.
- Creates and recommends new standards and any specialized processes or standards based on business needs.
- Assists in monitoring operating expenses and adherence to budget numbers for the Company location.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Manages the service of a book of business directly and may have direct revenue responsibility.
- Answers clients/employees questions in a timely manner.
- Answers phone inquiries and resolves issues in an expedition manner.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Proficient in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems
- In depth understanding of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
- Advanced level of knowledge of personal lines of coverage
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within policies
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team to achieve goals
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year timeframe
- Strong ability to listen, discern, prioritize, and negotiate with clients and insurance carrier representatives based on a deep understanding of relevant issues
- Ability to evaluate and make decisions, recognize potential conflicts and observe appropriate precautions
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong analytical and mathematical reasoning skills
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- 10+ years’ experience in account/client management
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading a team
- A Personal Lines License from state of domicile is required must be maintained
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU, CEBS, GBA, RHU, REBC)
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.