Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Coordinator, Mergers and Acquisitions performs administrative duties and assists with projects for the Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”) team. This individual will assist the M&A team in coordination of the M&A process of selected targets, including activities and projects around prospecting, due diligence, transaction closing, and integration. The Coordinator, Mergers and Acquisitions will make travel and meeting arrangements, assist with presentations or webinars, prepare reports and financial data, complete office support functions, and assist with client relations.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Provides support for due diligence activities across all functional areas for all transactions
- Communicates to targets and mergers and acquisition team in order to properly schedule interactions
- Compiles due diligence integration plans and conducts market research
- Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for seamless execution of deal
- Completes data tracking and updates to maintain consistency in life cycle of the deal
- Participates in M&A tracking meetings
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the activities of the M&A team
- Assists with implementing new processes and procedures to improve efficiencies in our acquisition process
- Produces monthly reports for M&A team to track goal progress
- Updates daily and weekly trackers of targets
- Provide administrative support as necessary including:
a. Scheduling and confirming appointments, managing calendars, monitoring emails for action items, and responding
b. Coordinating travel arrangements, while researching competitive rates, and preparing travel itineraries
c. Directing and coordinating office services and related activities in regard to day-to-day operations
d. Maintaining day to day office support functions such as handling sensitive documents and mail, deliveries, ordering
supplies, and other needed
e. Tracking, preparing, and submitting M&A invoices and expense reports
- Supports Relation client teams in peer reviewing and assembly of client and internal presentations. Formats and prepares information on prospective new mergers and acquisitions. Develops presentations by designing format, collecting information, and compiling data. Requests materials from other individuals and ensures consistency in the format.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced PowerPoint skills
- Requires consistent attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must possess a professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, maintaining a high level of tact and professionalism
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of administrative, project management or other related work experience required
- Previous experience with M&A highly preferred
- Preference given to those with previous insurance industry or financial services experience
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.