Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Legal Operations Specialist provides high-quality, timely, and effective support to the Legal Department and has responsibility for obtaining and maintaining requisite insurance and other licenses, completing vendor and other third-party forms, assisting with due diligence and integration related to the Company’s acquisitions, performing routine contract reviews, retaining and managing the Legal Department’s files and other duties as assigned. All such duties must be performed with a high level of attention to detail, integrity and professionalism.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Prepare necessary documentation to obtain and maintain carrier appointments for Relation.
- Obtain and provide requisite information to Relation’s business units, as well as carriers and third-party partners.
- Obtain and maintain brokerage licenses for Relation.
- Obtain and maintain third-party administrator licenses or registrations for Relation and file necessary annual and other required reports related to such licenses and registrations.
- Obtain and maintain domestic and foreign qualifications for Relation, including compliance with annual or other periodic reporting or renewal requirements.
- Obtain and maintain fictitious name registrations for Relation.
- Obtain and maintain local business, occupancy and other licenses and registrations for Relation.
- Coordinate and maintain service relationships with 3H Corporate Services and other third-party service providers that assist the Legal Department with the foregoing duties and responsibilities regarding Departments of Insurance, Secretaries of State, and the like.
- Maintain Legal Department files in designated electronic document storage system, enter and maintain information and documents in such system.
- Assist with due diligence, closings, integration, and other aspects of Relation acquisitions.
- Assist with review and approval of ordinary course business contracts.
- Obtain and review legal-related invoices from law firms and other service providers and arrange for payment of expenses following General Counsel’s approval.
- Assist with obtaining corporate officer signatures on documents approved by attorneys in Relation’s Legal Department.
- Provide administrative assistance to Legal Department.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention planning, organization and time management skills. The person in this role will need to have a strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism. Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Brokerage and third party administration licensing experience preferred
- Insurance industry experience preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.