Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Senior Accounting Manager, Integration and Mergers leads projects that relate directly to the Company’s revenue and expenses, cash flow, long-term investments, and reporting. The individual in this position conducts financial due diligence and applies accounting procedures while gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources. This position oversees all financial aspects of acquisition integrations and develops standardized processes for sales producer lift-outs and book buys, among other complex special projects.
A GLIMPE INTO THE POSITION:
• Works closely with the Vice President, Finance and accounting in developing and redefining integration plans that incorporate prior experience and industry best practices.
• Manages Accounting integration team, plans and adherence to project milestones, works closely with Finance, M&A and Operations team.
• Maintains integration plans and reports progress and key metrics.
• Facilitates due diligence calls with acquisition prospects and performs hands on diligence as required
• Assists in the day-to-day execution of the integration process, including managing weekly team meetings, following up with operational leaders and driving issue resolution.
• Identifies efficiencies in processes and procedures
• Communicates new processes to acquired entities and coordinates with the Accounting department to resolve questions arising from their implementation
• Assists acquired entity with clean-up/set up of accounting database where necessary
• Provides an excellent onboarding experience so that key stakeholders in acquired companies enthusiastically recommend Relation to others
• Oversees the preparation of Net Working Capital true-ups and setting up of earnout reports.
• Organizes banking relationship integration and assists in implementation
• Implements cash management timing and processes
• Ensures that all financial responsibilities are clearly defined and agreed as well as any transition timing
• Acts as the finance lead for database migrations and conversions
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Excellent time management as well as organizational skills
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
• Ability to coordinate complex projects, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• High-level understanding of all business functions such as Operations, IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
• Understanding of budgeting and financial management
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications
• Ability to travel as required
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
• 10+ years finance and accounting experience including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation
• Previous experience with integration, mergers and acquisitions
• 5+ years’ project management experience
• Preference given to candidates with experience in the insurance industry
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.