Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Risk Placement Specialist supports the sales process in an effort to retain and grow the business by providing marketing support that is dependable, accurate, accessible and motivated to succeed. They are responsible for assisting Sales Producers in renewing and writing new business by providing front end underwriting, submitting comprehensive data and information to various markets and communicating with the carriers on accounts in order to negotiate the most competitive pricing. The Risk Placement Specialist also acts as a resource for important carrier information and updates.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Proactively solicits new and renewal business from Sales Producers in order to create trust and frequent use of the marketing department.
- Acts as a resource for carrier information including appetite guides, carrier brochures, who to contact and other important information.
- Holds monthly renewal meetings with Sales Producers and Account Managers to designate account that need to be marketed through the marketing department.
- Reviews application and obtains additional information from Sales Producers or Account Managers as needed.
- Works with Sales Producers to ensure the needs of the prospect have been met such as providing adequate insurance to value on property, satisfying proper co-insurance requirements, correctly classifying exposures, addressing loss history, recommending safety programs, making coverage recommendations, etc.
- Makes complete submissions to markets including, but not limited to, 3-5 year loss runs with a summary spreadsheet, completed supplemental applications, financial statements, photos, brochures, etc. Keeps Sales Producer informed of markets where information was submitted.
- Creates and maintains marketing spreadsheet.
- Develops cover letter describing risk, losses & controls, target premium and quote due date.
- Follows-up with Underwriters to ensure submissions were received and to inquire as to whether or not further information is required.
- Compares quotes received with application and other quotes. Reviews quotes with Sales Producer.
- Prepares and completes proposals.
- Assists with the sales presentations as needed.
- Provides a copy of the proposal to the Account Manager with the correct premium(s), commissions(s), order to bind coverage, instructions to issue binder, certificates and ID cards.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- In-depth understanding of advanced commercial lines of coverage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in the insurance industry preferably in marketing or customer service, or the equivalent of education and experience.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.