Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Senior Manager, Benefits and Compensation will provide subject matter expertise and leadership for Relation’s benefits and compensation programs, policies, and procedures. This position will be influential in building and communicating programs that drive the employee experience.
As a trusted partner of the Human Resources team, the Senior Manager, Benefits and Compensation is key in defining strategy for compensation and benefits programs that align with the company business strategy and objectives. This position will also be key in executing programs crafted with the aim of attracting and retaining talent in our dynamic environment. This role will serve as a point of escalation on complex cases and is responsible for all governance and compliance for all benefits and compensation programs.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing total rewards plans, programs, processes, and tools and partners with the Senior Vice President of Human Resources to recommend and make necessary modifications. Analyzes new plan programs to determine market competitiveness, ease of administration and alignment with business strategy.
- Supports the Senior Vice President of Human Resources in planning and directing the design, implementation, communication and administration of Relation’s health and welfare benefits programs.
- Serves as a senior level plan administrator for the 401(k) retirement savings plan and the deferred compensation plan, managing open enrollment periods and ensuring compliance for both plans.
- Provides guidance to the business regarding benefit offerings and ensures that all benefit programs adhere to current regulations and supports the company’s strategic objectives.
- Directs the development, implementation and administration of cost-effective benefits programs.
- Develops reporting metrics and benchmarking regarding current plan performance and costs, including risks and opportunities.
- Develops and manages budgets, financial projections, and analyses for current programs and potential changes; analyzes quarterly claims dashboards, plan design and presents finding to senior leaders providing insights and recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of external environment for emerging trends, regulatory changes, best practices, and provides highlights to management as appropriate. Responsible for on-going benchmarking of best practices and develops tools to measure program success and ROI.
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations, including ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, FMLA, COBRA, CFRA, HIPAA, FLSA, IRS, DOL, Health Care Reform, etc.
- Implements, manages, and continually advances compensation and benefits programs for a geographically dispersed workforce. Proactively predicts market and differing compensation strategies in varies regions of business operations. Programs include salary structures, variable incentive compensation, long-term incentives, and recognition programs.
- Partners in the annual salary planning process for merit and discretionary bonus incentive programs.
- Ensures compensation and benefits programs are designed, operated and communicated in a manner that meets all requirement with applicable laws and regulations and meets internal and external requirements with regard to financial and operational controls.
- Manages salary surveys and designs company’s compensation ranges.
- Strong negotiator, avid problem solver and works successfully with different personalities; goal-oriented self-starter who takes initiative and acts appropriately in various circumstances without direction.
- Experience designing and managing base salary structures, short and long-term incentive programs, competitive market analysis, forecasting trends, costs, and modeling outcomes.
- Experience in designing, implementing and sustaining multi-geographical compensation models.
- Strong business and financial acumen required, including knowledge of actuarial concepts; able to structure and analyze data, develop insights, and formulate an aligned approach and plan
- Deep knowledge of government regulations and requirements (e.g. filing and compliance requirements) with established network of resources to remain current on market changes
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers, and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Leadership presence with strong collaboration and conflict resolution skills; able to articulate a value proposition and secure buy-in and support from key stakeholders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Operates with the highest integrity, appropriately manages information of a highly confidential nature
- Excellent presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
- Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Proficient to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of progressive Corporate Benefits or Benefits consulting experience required with a strong background in design, development, financing, and delivery of health and welfare programs for mid-sized to large businesses; experience managing retirement plans and deferred compensation plans strongly preferred
- 3+ years of management, training and development experience strongly preferred
- Experience with full-service HRIS required; experience with Paylocity preferred
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) and/or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or designation preferred
- Other Human Resources designations (SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/CP, etc.) a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.