Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Data Management Analyst will work closely with the Team Lead and/or Manager, Data Management in support of systems management and corporate general data management including the M&A acquisition integration process, as well as implementation of key organizational initiatives. This position will perform complex research and analysis to support operations with a broad latitude for judgement. This individual works closely with various business units as well as external vendors.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE ROLE:
- Develops expert system administrator knowledge of Agency Management Systems used by Relation as well as third-party integrations
- Responsible for managing master system data, including best practices and standards for creation, updates and deletion
- Accountable for system administration modules, develops relationship with system vendor to support, troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Coordinates system enhancements, test plan execution and participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Supports process enhancements and varied special projects to attain key performance improvements or reduce risk
- Responsible for data conversion and merger activities including ensuring quality and accuracy of data mappings
- · Plans, monitors and controls several assigned projects concurrently to effectively use time and project management skills
- Translates conversion data points to the end user, explains end user insurance information or processes to the vendor as it relates to the conversion process
- Provides direction to the Business Units as needed with respect to any systems quality control and/or best practice related issues
- Responsible for data reporting and communication/coordination with various departments and operational reports for management
- Interprets and analyzes report results identifying relational causes and trends and providing actionable recommendations to business units and leadership based on trend analysis
- Identifies and provides recommendations on efficiency improvements
- Provides weekly status reports to management
- Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, project coordination experience, and flexibility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical, data analysis and mathematical skills
- Self-directed, organized, attention to detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications
- Must be able to consult and advise others
- Proven effective project management skills and extraordinary drive for results
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience in applied business, operations, Information Technology or insurance data reporting required
- BA in related field preferred; or equivalent of education and experience
- Advanced expertise with MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, etc.) required
- Knowledge of Agency Management Systems
- Business Analyst experience a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.