Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Business Support Specialist will provide general support and expertise for various areas of Relation in support of Vertafore systems management and processes, corporate general data management including the M&A acquisition integration process as well as implementation of key organization initiatives. This position will interact with various stakeholders, operates independently on projects, as well as partners in team collaborations.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF POSITION
· Serves as a trusted resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Agency Management Systems (i.e., AMS, Image Right, Benefit Point, etc.) and third-party integrations
· Detects software issues and engages with internal teams in determining resolutions
· Partners with the creation and quality assurance of new applications and integrations; handling internal and external escalations of issues that could impact project timelines
· Coordinates with internal team(s) to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and to required specifications
· Partners in managing master system data, including best practices and standards for creation, updates and deletion
· Contributes to the planning and implementation of system enhancements, tests plan execution and participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
· Ensures data quality via timely execution of activities to allow operations to continue without delay
· Supports process enhancements and varied special projects to attain key performance improvements or reduce risk
· Assists with data conversion and merger activities including ensuring quality and accuracy of data mappings
· Identifies and provides recommendations on efficiency improvements
· Plans, monitors and controls several assigned projects concurrently to effectively use time and project management skills
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Delivers ad-hoc training as required
· Provides weekly status reports to management
· Performs other related duties and/or projects as assigned
· Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, project coordination experience, and flexibility
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong technical, analytical, data analysis and mathematical skills
· Self-directed, organized, attention to detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem-solving skills
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications
· Must be able to consult and advise others
· Proven effective project management skills and extraordinary drive for results
- 2+ years of experience in applied business, operations or Information Technology required
- BA in related field preferred; or equivalent of education and experience
- Advanced expertise with MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, etc.) required
- 3+ years’ experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Agency Management Systems (AMS, Image Right, Benefit Point)
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.