Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Claims Consultant will assist the claims and loss control teams in handling workers’ compensation claims of moderate to high exposure and complexity. The individual in this position will resolve claims according to Best Practices and within authority limits and will act as a direct liaison between clients, teammates, claim adjusters and defense counsel.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION:
- Evaluates claims to determine potential exposure; makes recommendations concerning the value of the claim; oversees litigation and assists in the negotiation of settlements.
- Escalates issues as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution.
- Evaluates high exposure workers’ compensation claims for settlement and appropriateness of established reserves.
- Provides daily assistance to client’s management staff, teammates, claims adjusters, insurers, and defense counsel by answering claims related questions or concerns in the administration and management of claims, return-to-work issues, and other claims matters.
- Analyzes claims data to identify needed loss control interventions and assists with the development of appropriate loss prevention programs as requested.
- Works with loss control teams in coordinating training and education to facilities on workers’ compensation processes and procedures as needed and requested.
- Coordinates the handling of workers’ compensation subpoenas in an expeditious manner.
- Provides reporting and analysis on key metrics related to assigned territory(ies), including analytics on projected and/or established medical provider networks.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, teammates, claim adjusters, defense counsel and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions.
- Proficient to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in related field preferred or comparable work experience
- 5 years’ experience in managing and/or handling workers’ compensation claims
- Workers’ Compensation Certification Required.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required within the first six months and must be maintained.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.