Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Manager, Data Analytics position is responsible for developing and implementing Relation’s company-wide data analytics initiatives primarily involving Microsoft’s PowerBI product.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Develops a deep understanding of our business to properly align needs to data and reporting technologies.
• Responsible for building, managing, and developing the Data Analytics practice within Relation.
• Management of business analysts and data engineers using Agile development methodology.
• Defines and acts as the authority for Data Analytics via:
o Developing visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI.
o Connecting to various data sources, importing data, and transforming data for BI use.
o Publishing and scheduling Power BI reports and report sets
o Establishing application security layers
• Champions reporting and analytics goals and strategies. Contributes to a self-service BI implementation of Power BI for Office 365 to reduce the need for report development.
• Contributes with hands-on development of executive reporting using PowerBI. Is the subject matter expert for BI reporting technology.
• Is an expert in SSIS and shares data integration best practices. Implements high volume ETL jobs for scenarios such as: data loads into the warehouse; B2B integrations / data consolidation. Provides technical expertise to troubleshoot SSIS packages as needed.
• Partners with Relation’s various business teams to articulate analytical findings via clear and concise deliverables.
• 3+ years of experience with BI reporting (SSRS, Crystal Reports, Power BI for Office 365, etc.).
• 3+ years of experience with ETL job development (SSIS).
• 3+ years of experience with a combination of SQL Server database administration and data architecture.
• Highly proficient with business intelligence reporting and visualization tools (i.e. SSRS, Crystal Reports, Power BI for Office 365, etc.). Management of OLAP cube(s).
• Expert-level understanding of T-SQL, stored procedure development practices (deadlock avoidance).
• Expertise in Extraction (SSIS), Cleansing (DQS), in-memory transformations, Master Data Management, Validating and Integration of data (SSIS) from multiple systems.
• Expertise in data warehousing – facts / derived facts vs. dimensions, Star schema concept, slowly changing dimensions (SCDs), surrogate keys, data marts, identifying changed records, etc.
• Understands data modeling, ER modeling vs. Dimensional modeling.
• Comfortable communicating with all levels (interpersonal, written, and verbal).
• Must have a passion for data and its criticality to the successful operation of a business.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a mix of technologies.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.