Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibility of this position is to partner with Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Consulting teams to service and retain clients as well as pursue and close new business opportunities. The Senior Account Coordinator ensures client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from clients, prospects and members of the production and account management staff. This individual is expected to project a professional company image through all interaction with clients, insurance carriers, vendors, team members and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Serves as client advocate and a back up point of contact for assigned accounts.
- Develops professional business relationships with all clients and demonstrates a clear understanding of the client’s core business.
- Manages client expectations, service commitments, and anticipates needs of the client.
- Answers email, telephone calls, and/or written correspondence related to Relation Education Solutions health and accident programs in a timely manner, documents all client interaction and updates client service logs.
- On behalf of the client, conducts research on billing/invoicing issues.
- Upon the direction of the Account Manager and/or Producer, prepares quotes and renewal presentations, when applicable.
- Quickly identifies and resolves more complex client service issues.
- Researches client issues by contacting carriers and vendors on behalf of the client and determines when issues need to be escalated to the Account Manager, Account Executive and/or Producer level.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves insurance plan issues. Follows through on participant claims resolution matters with third party administrators, carriers and inquiries not immediately resolved.
· Assists with the preparation of Proposals/Quotes (whether a formal Request For Proposal process or informal renewal): gathers information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), coordinates responses from the carriers, inputs data and maintains all appropriate documentation to create professional and complete proposals, when applicable.
- Creates client presentations using Excel and PowerPoint to summarize client data obtained from internal or external sources; develops charts in Excel to summarize data for use in PowerPoint.
· Handles client/prospect issues when the Account Manager or Sales Executive is unavailable.
· Assists with the logistics of conferences such as:
a. Exhibit and individual registration and packing and shipping of materials
b. Negotiating with vendors;
c. Managing the set-up and take-down of all exhibits when needed
d. Negotiate and Set up Vendors for special events and client dinners;
e. Manage advertising and giveaways (keeping budget restrictions in mind);
f. Recording and tracking all expenses in accordance with stated budget for event;
g. Managing all contact data from conferences;
· Working with the Marketing team, ensures all sales/marketing literature and website is up to date and contains attractive marketing of products.
· Conducts research in preparation for trade shows and other sales events and make recommendations.
· Acts as the ambassador of Relation culture to clients, visitors and team members by communicating in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides additional support to accounts, client service, and sales teams as needed.
· Understands and demonstrates project management skills such as: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate.
· Creates spreadsheets and premium allocations.
· Prepares summaries of insurance in partnership with the Account Manager, Account Executive and/or Producer.
· Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication in accordance with company workflow, procedures and best practices. Maintains a high degree of accuracy in document management systems.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Advanced skills in using computers, internet Microsoft Office Suite and online rating systems.
· Extensive knowledge of insurance markets, products, services insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
· Extensive knowledge of health and accident lines of coverage.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
In-depth understanding of written and oral communications and interprets information written
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma
· 4+ years’ experience in account service with preference given to individuals with life, health and accident experience
· A Life, Health and Accident License from state of domicile is required.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.