Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibilities of the Claims Support position are to perform those tasks that allow Claims Examiners to focus their attention on processing claims. They are responsible for general office administration and support to include tasks such as inputting claims, researching eligibility and transmitting claims/correspondence between Relation and Kaiser Permanente.
• Reviews scanned claims, inputs correct provider and member ID, and corrects origin and destination.
• Enters complete claims-related information from paper claims.
• Researches member eligibility status in Kaiser Permanente’s enrollment system and updates each claim accordingly.
• Coordinates the transmittal of pended claims (for authorizations and medical necessity) to and from the appropriate Kaiser Permanente region.
• Distributes mail to staff
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required to maintain effective relationships with co-workers.
• Ability to thrive in a professional office environment and utilize standard office equipment.
• Proficient with Word and Excel.
• Ability to navigate in PC using multiple windows based application/programs.
• Familiar with scanning equipment.
• Experience scanning/sorting medical claims is a plus.
• Working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with HIPAA.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
• Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
• Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
• Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills are a must
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
• Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• 0-2 years’ experience in medical filing preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.