Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Agency Bill Manager will manage a team to oversee and provide consistent, accurate and timely accounting and general administration of duties related to Agency Bill receipt and premium payable processing across the entire organization. This is a national position with a high level of visibility. Project Management around process improvement expected.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION:
· Manages Agency Bill Team. Responsible for overall structure of team, management of individuals, assessing resource needs, hiring and training, performance reviews and related goal setting of individuals.
· Oversees processing of personal and commercial lines agency bill receivables and premium payables.
Agency bill receivables includes tracking daily deposit activity, entering receipts into operating platform, applying receipts to correct invoicing, addressing credit balances due back to client, reviewing stale outstanding balances, identifying escheatment needs and following up on collection questions/concerns.
Premium payables includes tracking and obtaining carrier statements / invoices, reviewing receivables to ensure money was received from client, auditing operating system invoicing against carrier statement / invoicing, setting up disbursement in operating system, completing a premium payable reconciliation, reviewing stale outstanding balances and following up on questions/concerns.
· Cognizant of close deadlines and works closely with Accounting, Regional Leaders and Service Team to ensure Agency Bill receipts and payments post timely and accurately.
· Communicates and collaboratively resolves issues related to agency bill invoicing across regions / departments / personnel as they arise.
· Identifies, communicates and prioritizes projects to implement process improvement with a focus on automation and/or transparent communication.
· Responsible for creating and distributing reporting that aids in the understanding, monitoring and efficiency of agency bill workflow.
· Responsible for maintaining documentation; consistency in naming conventions, attachment content and placement within operating system for operational efficiencies and audit purposes.
· Communicates with carriers to obtain commission statements and invoices, as needed.
· Responsible for maintaining up to date process workflow documentation.
· Strong interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
· Strong organizational skillset.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
· Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
· Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma.
· Insurance industry background.
· Project Management / Process Improvement experience.
· Prior experience with Agency Billing receivables and/or premium payables.
· Prior experience with operating system conversions a plus.
· Prior experience with escheatment processing a plus.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The position must be located in one of these states:
AZ. CA, UT, OK, NE, AR, TX, KS, IL, CT, NH, SC, NC, FL, GA, VA, MD, NY, NJ,PA