Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Direct Bill Commissions Manager will manage a team to oversee and provide consistent, accurate and timely accounting and general administration of duties related to Direct Bill Commission across the entire organization. This is a national position with a high level of visibility. Project Management around process improvement expected.
A GLIMPE INTO THE POSITION:
· Manages Direct Bill Commission Team. Responsible for overall structure of team, management of individuals, assessing resource needs, hiring and training, performance reviews and related goal setting of individuals.
· Oversees processing of benefits, personal and commercial lines direct bill commissions. Processing includes the direct bill commission invoicing related to the direct bill commission statement, receipt entry and the related direct bill commission reconciliation process workflow.
· Cognizant of close deadlines and works closely with Accounting and Regional Leaders to ensure Direct Bill Revenue posts timely and accurately.
· Communicates and collaboratively resolves issues related to direct bill policy / commission download across regions / departments / personnel as they arise.
· Identifies, communicates and prioritizes projects to implement process improvement with a focus on automation.
· Responsible for creating and distributing reporting that aids in the understanding, monitoring and efficiency of direct bill commission workflow.
· Responsible for maintaining documentation; consistency in naming conventions, attachment content and placement within operating system for operational efficiencies and audit purposes.
· Communicates with carriers to obtain commission statements, if needed.
· Responsible for maintaining up to date process workflow documentation.
·Manage the communication and coordinate the transition of workflow to the outsourced team.
·Review and plan the Direct Bill integration process.
· Strong interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
· Strong organizational skillset.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
· Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
· Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or accounting.
· Insurance industry background preferred.
· Prior experience with Direct Bill Commission processing and workflow management.
· Project Management / Process Improvement experience.
· Direct Bill Policy / Commission Implementation experience preferred / a plus.
· Min 5 years of Management or Supervisory experience.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.