Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Under limited direction, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for projections, forecasts and budgets for Relation business units. The Senior Financial Analyst will be assigned month-end closing tasks that provide an understanding of the organization’s financial dynamics. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will be assigned tasks related to line-of-business financial reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst will also review, revise and improve current financial modeling spreadsheets to increase the predictive accuracy of monthly forecasts.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE ROLE:
• Prepares Fiscal Reports and presents them to management including financial impact statements relating to proposed legislative action and grant applications and awards. Presents reports to Board/Management or Standing Committees.
• Clearly and concisely communicates expected and actual financial results and the activities underlying those results.
• Provides fiscal and organizational advice to representatives of assigned departments regarding projected programs and objectives according to established budgetary procedures.
• Attends budget hearings and presents fiscal data of assigned departments. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments to prepare revenue balance statements and historical comparisons of departmental expenditures with requested appropriations.
• Provides assistance to representatives of assigned departments in the formulation of departmental budget requests, including necessary documentation, investigation and budget impact studies.
• Analyzes and evaluates departmental budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports and recommendations.
• Provides technical assistance on budget issues in current or proposed programs.
• Identifies, analyzes, communicates and provides suggested solutions to resolve financial issues which impact business objectives.
• Facilitates audit processes through detailed documentation and timely delivery of required support.
• Completes special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders and ad hoc reporting.
• Participates in various finance-led process improvement initiatives.
• Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
• Expert in Excel and PowerPoint, with a good understanding of Word
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication
• Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Works cross-functionally and at all levels as both a self-starter and in a team environment
• Thinks critically, creatively, analytically and with sound judgment to develop and provide comprehensive, in-depth financial analyses and ad hoc projects
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years’ experience in financial analysis, business administration, general accounting, economic analysis or related area
• Above average ability working with software and systems both as currently used by the Company and alternative industry standards
• Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of financial and business knowledge
• Able to operate in a matrix environment
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
• Experience in the insurance industry preferred