Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The primary responsibility of the Claims Support Representative position is to handle and process the incoming mail. This is achieved by opening, sorting, prepping, batching, scanning, indexing and data entering the mail as guided by company policy.
• Sorts, preps, batches, scans, indexes and data enters incoming claims/correspondence
• Creates, exports & imports electronic claim batches
• Logs, tracks and monitors claims batches
• Reviews & processes electronic claims that drop as errors or rejects
• Distributes mail to staff
• Processes outgoing mail by using a fold and stamp machine
• Re-prices claims as needed
• Processes updates to eligibility as needed
• Processes provider network affiliation adds & updates as needed
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required to maintain effective relationships with co-workers.
• Ability to thrive in a professional office environment and utilize standard office equipment.
• Prior experience with Word and Excel.
• Ability to navigate in PC using multiple windows based application/programs.
• Familiar with scanning equipment.
• Working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with HIPAA.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
• Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
• Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
• Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills are a must
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
• Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 0-2 years’ experience in medical filing preferred
• Previous office experience desirable
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.