Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Corporate Legal Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions will focus on supporting Relation’s growth through strategic acquisitions. As a key member of the Legal team, this position will work closely with Relation’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Operations, Human Resources, and Finance teams.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION:
This position works on a wide variety of mergers and acquisition transactions, with responsibility for progressing key legal workstreams, including liaising with key internal and external stakeholders. This role will handle front-line management of deals, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the key transactional documents, performing legal due diligence, managing outside counsel, facilitating closings and requisite filings and disclosures, managing projects to a budget, and leading post-closing integration.
• Drives continuous improvements, scalability, and operational excellence in deal process and execution
• Partners with General Counsel in determining appropriate legal strategy to execute merger and acquisition transactions
• Collaborates with outside and in-house counsel and Executive Leadership on issues related to all aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, and other complex transactions
• Manages outside counsel on merger and acquisition transactions to ensure that legal work is thorough, efficient, effective and appropriately protects Relation’s interests
• Obtains a strong understanding of the company’s operations and its business strategy and goals
• Works with other members of the Legal team to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach to legal issues and that efficiencies and synergies are harnessed across the organization
• Participates in the development and implementation of strategies related to achieving the company’s goals and other matters impacting the company
• Supports Legal team by drafting, reviewing, and negotiating ad-hoc commercial work (e.g., carrier appointment agreements, employment agreements, IT contracts)
• Audits, updates, and modifies standard template contracts as and when needed
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment. You need to be self-motivated with a high level of drive, energy, persistence, and initiative, as well as proactive, committed, achievement oriented, and do what it takes to get the job done, while maintaining impeccable standards.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Active license to practice law in good standing with admission to at least one (1) state bar required
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in the practice of law required
• Direct experience in working on and closing merger and acquisition transactions in the insurance industry required
• Prefer regulatory experience, HIPAA compliance experience, and experience in performing diverse duties substantially to the essential duties and responsibilities of this position
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.