Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
This demanding and fast paced position will require an individual that has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, multitask, problem solve and a willingness to adjust from a daily routine when necessary. The individual in this position will have a proactive, forward thinking approach and a client service mindset. The primary responsibility of the Client Service Specialist is to provide first in class hospitality to internal and external clients, vendors and team members. This person will also assist with the day-to-day maintenance of customer files and act as the front-line administrative processor. They will remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business, stay abreast of the types of insurance products available and works with clients and others in a professional manner.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Greets clients and office visitors on a daily basis
• Answers telephone calls incoming from Relation clients and contacts and directs to appropriate team member
• Supports Relation client teams in peer reviewing and assembly of client presentations
• Maintains day to day office support functions such as stocking printers, handling sensitive documents and mail, deliveries, brand ambassador, and other needs
• Attends Relation team meetings to take notes and document meetings as needed
• Provides back up support to client support teams, eligibility and enrollment and/or agency management systems as needed
• Acts as ambassador of Relation culture to clients, teams and visitors
• Performs administrative duties (filing, photocopying and faxing) in an efficient and timely manner
• Under supervision, creates and maintains electronic and hard-copy filing systems conducive to the business unit needs
• Orders renewal policies. Checks renewal policies against proposals and bills policies in agency management system
• Handles endorsements including entering on company websites, follows up on endorsements not received from carriers, checks endorsements for accuracy, bills endorsements and sends to client
• Follows up on new business submissions with carriers for submissions not being handled by production or account management team members
• Enters and rates policies in carrier websites and orders new policies as needed
• Issues standard certificates of insurance and other forms for holders (e.g. EOP, Binders, etc.).
• Checks on payment status of direct bill policies to assure policies are not cancelled and alerts appropriate Account Manager if policies are in danger of cancellation due to non-payment of premium
• Follows up on claims and current status, updating the agency management system with claims activity, payments closures, etc.
• Check audits for accuracy and reviews with agency staff as appropriated. Bill audits, creates audit review letter and sends to client
• Order motor vehicle reports “MVRs” and loss run as directed
• Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
• Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
• Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
• Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
• Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills are a must.
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
•High School Diploma or equivalent required
•3 + year experience in Customer Service with preference given to individuals with commercial lines experience
•A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required within 6 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.