Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Vice President, Operations will lead efforts in the critical area of account retention, carrier management and client service development for all Western Region related entities. Working with the Business Unit President, Sales Executive(s), and Operational leaders, this role will drive commercial and personal lines product support, to ensure that we maintain a high level of client satisfaction. The person in this position will also lead and participate in key projects intended to improve efficiency, compliance, and effectiveness.
As we continue to grow, we want to make sure our account managers and client service teams have the skills and support to not only retain our clients by process of renewal, but also to provide consultative support to our clients and explore opportunities to grow our business relationships through existing clients. This senior role, as part of the Western Region leadership, will also be counted on to observe and report on market or service challenges so that we best sculpt our overall service delivery.
Further, the Vice President, Operations, as a part of senior management will have opportunities to help us grow through new business opportunities with responsibility for building and creating our service platform that our production team will use for new sales opportunities. Based on experience and expertise, the Vice President, Operations will provide leadership to ensure client retention as well as cross-selling to current client programs.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Responsible for the review and revision of commercial and personal lines department procedures and workflows to keep pace with technology advancements, industry or market changes and/or E&O compliance related issues.
• Accountable for developing and analyzing the data/metrics of support service efforts including outstanding expirations, overdue activities, book revenue and/or other metrics so that these results can be effectively communicated as part of a continuous quality improvement effort.
• Steadily drives the improvement in product and service offerings to make Relation more desirable to clients and prospects while creating reliable delivery of our services.
• Consistently hires, monitors, trains and develops exceptional account management and client service team members to secure retention of current clients to include annual renewals, obtaining broker of record agreements, and high client satisfaction.
• Evaluates, manages, and trains account management and client service staff, specifically to ensure a consultative approach to account/client management and retention.
• Works with operational teams and account management leadership to ensure PAIA’s account services processes are seamless regardless of location or support team.
• Develops and manages a standardized renewal process including requests from carriers and proposals delivered to clients.
• Provides carrier partners with a primary contact (personal and commercial lines), in conjunction with leadership including sales and operations.
• Assists account management team with access to carrier partners, new vendors, or products that may benefit clients.
• Leads the monthly business review meetings with key sales, operational and financial leadership of assigned business unit.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of commercial and personal lines coverage, as well as a strong knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures. We are seeking a candidate with excellent analytical and mathematical skills and advanced skills in Microsoft Office. You must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications and password administration on carrier sites. We are seeking a leader with demonstrated experience managing, delivering and implementing employee performance, employee development and employee relations concerns.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• College degree preferred or comparable work experience.
• 15+ years’ experience in the insurance industry (preferably with a focus on Agriculture) with a focus on Commercial lines and Personal Lines of coverage as well as is required
• CPCU, CISR, CIC, AIS, and/or AFIS, a plus
• Demonstrated management experience in a client service environment
• Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation
• A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile are required and must be maintained
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.