Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will support the Payroll and Benefits departments of the Human Resources team, however, will also provide support to other departments within Human Resources as needed. This individual undertakes a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate daily human resources functions, such as checking time cards for accuracy, following up with employees and managers regarding missing or incomplete time cards, and following up with employees regarding benefit changes. The Human Resources Coordinator exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as payroll and benefit changes, personnel relations and organizational changes.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Assists with the administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions.
• Maintains accurate and complete employee records in electronic and paper form, as applicable, and ensures all recordkeeping requirements are met.
• Partners with other Human Resources Coordinators to maintain the department’s calendar and answer emails sent to the department’s general inbox, as well as cross trains and acts as back-up for other Human Resources Coordinators in their absence.
• Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, worker’s compensation, etc.).
• Creates payroll and benefits reports as requested.
• Contacts employees and managers to follow up on missing and/or incomplete time cards, missing benefits enrollments, and missing 401(k) beneficiaries.
• Checks and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintains time and attendance records, and assists with bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Responds timely and appropriately to verifications of employment and unemployment related claims.
• Cross trains with HRIS to support payroll related vendor feeds and reporting.
• Resolves employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administrators in conjunction with the Benefits Manager.
• Assists with reconciling monthly benefit vendor invoices.
• Assists with the creation, mailing and maintenance of FMLA and CFRA paperwork and leave of absence procedures.
• Assists with benefits mailings and other required mailings.
• Attends training and seminars (via online or in person) as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
The ideal candidate has the ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment. They are highly detailed and accurate and have excellent organizational skills, as well as shows initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• College degree with a Human Resources focus preferred
• 2+ years of payroll and/or benefits experience preferred; previous accounting experience, a plus
• aPHR Certification or equivalent preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.