Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Accounting Specialist will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Verifies vendor statements and handles all accounts payable and receivable correspondence
• Maintains all payment, receipt and other transaction records
• Systematically verifies and audits accounts for completeness and accuracy according to established controls
• Assists in resolution of complaints between vendor and customer
• Prepares documents and checks for bulk mailing and maintains proper records
• Prepares and disperses invoices
• Prepares all necessary reports
• Maintains historical records for all transactions
• Assists with monthly and year-end close out procedures and records
• Enters and maintains all W-9’s for the corporate and claim providers
• Posts and processes journal entries
• Completes bank reconciliations
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems
• Strong mathematical skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Good public relations abilities for dealing with clients and department heads
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the Accounting field
• Agency Insurance knowledge a plus
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.