Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Plan Administrator will be responsible for the administration of a variety of mostly small and medium sized retirement plans including 401(k) and cash balance/defined benefit plans. In addition, the person in this position will participate in plan design explanation and provide proactive value added services to the firm’s clients.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Plan Design. Plan specification and design consulting.
• Plan Documents. Preparation of plan documents for all retirement plan types.
• Plan Administration. Determination of eligibility; employee recordkeeping; performance of annual valuations; calculation of contributions and distributions; preparation of distribution documentation; preparation of participant loan documents.
• Compliance. ADP/ACP testing on 401(k) plans; preparation of annual Form 5500 Return/Report and other government forms such as 5330, 945 and SSA. Handling of government audits.
• Consultation. Calculation of benefit and contribution maximums; plan proposals; problem identification and resolution; client and employee level communications.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills.
• In-depth understanding of employee retirement benefit plans.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word).
• Strong knowledge of federal and state legal and tax considerations including ERISA, IRS and DOL regulations as they pertain to retirement plans.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• College graduate or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years’ benefits consulting experience.
• Experience with various aspects of defined benefit and defined contributions plans.
• Prior experience with DATAIR or similar software is highly desired.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.