Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The M&A Integration Manager will be responsible for providing oversight and implementation of the integration process of acquired companies across Relation. The M&A Integration Manager will work closely with the Mergers and Acquisitions team to oversee the acquisition integration process company-wide. This individual works closely with business unit leaders and corporate leaders from all different functions (Operations, IT, Legal, HR, etc.) to assist in defining Relation’s integration strategy, approach and execution. The M&A Integration Manager assists with project performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and other key project management activities and behaviors.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Works closely with business unit leaders and corporate leaders to assist in defining the integration approach, operational efficiencies, and key milestones and metrics for each acquisition.
• Assists in developing and redefining integration plans that incorporate prior experience and industry best practices.
• Manages integration plans and adherence to project milestones, working closely with business unit leaders, corporate leaders and cross-functional project teams.
• Develops project organization chart and governance structure that defines roles and responsibilities of project team members.
• Assists in the day-to-day execution of the integration process, including managing weekly team meetings, following up with operational leaders and driving issue resolution.
• Manages projects according to work plan. Assigns tasks, identifies issues, escalates risks, follows up and reports status as required.
• Facilitates the development of key tracking metrics aligned with integration plans.
• Presents summary integration plans and reports progress and key metrics to senior leadership.
• Collaborates with Finance on the development and management of the integration budget. Routinely reassesses project budgets to account for variances and ensure accuracy.
• Develops and manages project risk and issue management plans. Analyzes risks by probability and severity to assess their impact on delivery. Implements procedures to mitigate risks.
• Collaborates with management to develop, communicate and implement actionable plans for systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth of our organization.
• Maintains and builds trusted relationships with key clients (internal and external), partners and stakeholders.
• Provides an excellent onboarding experience so that key stakeholders in acquired companies enthusiastically recommend Relation to others.
• Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
• Represents the company with clients and business partners.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter and maintains a positive attitude
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate complex projects, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• High-level understanding of all business functions such as Operations, IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
• Understanding of budgeting and financial management
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications and password administration on carrier sites
• Demonstrated experience in team leadership and the ability to successfully accomplish company goals
• Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships internally and externally
• Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field
• Demonstrated success in leading projects
• 5-7+ years’ project management experience
• Experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.