Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Director of Infrastructure & Security is responsible for all aspects of planning, managing, and securing corporate and business-unit IT operations and infrastructure. The Director of Infrastructure & Security oversees all network, application, security, system administration, telecommunications, help desk, infrastructure and data center operations.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Directs IT project management activities centered around infrastructure, operations, and security.
• As key liaison to the Relation acquisition team, manages and executes the infrastructure components of Relation’s IT projects related to onboarding and integrating newly acquired offices/personnel.
• Manages daily IT infrastructure operations to ensure high availability, including job, event log, and data center monitoring.
• Oversees incident resolution, ensuring they are resolved efficiently while working across functions, and providing strategic input to ensure any underlying issues are fully remediated.
• Directs and trains Technical Support Analysts and Infrastructure personnel to improve the standards and procedures for handling issues accurately and expeditiously.
• Communicates up and out on all IT issues. Keeps all levels of management informed on progress.
• Promotes a culture of collaboration, accountability, innovation, and excellent customer service within the department.
• Works with IT and executive leadership to establish a strategy for ensuring a stable, secure, and cost-effective infrastructure in alignment with, and in support of, the overall IT and corporate strategies.
• Contributes to the development, implementation, and management of operational plans supporting the IT strategy.
• Ensures effective recruitment, development, performance, and retention of qualified, enthusiastic, and motivated team members.
• Provides leadership and oversight to the hiring, growth, motivation, and development of a highly skilled technology team.
• Manages and carries out established departmental budgets and goals.
• Manages vendor relationships.
• Collaborates with IT and leadership to design data and telecommunication solutions to meet business challenges and requirements.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to ERISA standards (HIPAA, COBRA, PII, etc.).
• Builds strong relationships with peers and senior management to best meet Company goals and objectives.
• Provides input, support, and hands-on leadership for server, storage, network, and telecom infrastructure-related tasks.
• Designs and manages server, storage, network, and telecom environments and ensure high service levels are achieved.
• Manages all internal and offsite data centers.
• Experience in developing security architecture with progressive leadership roles in technology and security with a collaborative management style and significant executive presence.
• Experience in integration of company-wide systems
• Experience leading strategic decisions of technology, definition, and implementation of software products
• Significant, hands-on experience managing all facts of infrastructure and security technologies including systems, networks, databases, firewalls, IDS, and IPS.
• In-depth knowledge in information security and assurance program management with experience in risk, audit, and compliance management leveraging framework. Ability to effectively communicate these programs to internal and external clients.
• Experience leading the strategic decisions of technology, definition, and implementation of software products.
• Experience partnering with product development based upon industry trends and needs.
• Superior analytical skills and excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Strong communication and team management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring, and creating an environment that attracts the very best talent.
• Strong, visionary leader and strategic business partner with a passion for technology and customer service.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years in information technology and proven expertise in online security methodologies and practices with other certifications and credentials key to this position.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.