Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Claims Assistant is responsible to primarily assist the Workers’ Compensation and Property & Casualty Departments. Under supervision, the individual will learn and perform a variety of technical duties of average difficulty. This demanding and fast paced position will require an individual that has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, multitask, problem solve, possess a willingness to adjust from a daily routine when necessary and have ambition to advance.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Handles a large volume of telephone calls and interacts with various people, including but not limited to, the medical community, claimants, division representatives, attorneys and collection agencies.
• Requests that adjusters re-open claims and/or add reserves in order to process payments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Performs requested tasks including direct contact with claimants, employers, legal representatives and medical providers for a variety of information concerning the claims.
• Pays legal, expense, and miscellaneous medical bills.
• Requests and monitors receipt of W-9 forms from providers.
• Schedules and coordinates medical appointments.
• Completes assigned tasks effectively and timely daily.
• Provides back up support to other teams, as needed, including opening mail, front door greeting and scanning bills.
• Advanced level of computer and software proficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
• Highly detailed and accurate, with excellent organizational skills.
• Advanced skills in keyboarding.
• Proactive problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and exercise analytical judgment in accordance with established guidelines.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma
• 1+ years of office experience
• Knowledge of administrative procedures
• Strong customer service background
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.