Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Medical Only Adjuster confirms compensability of claims and monitors closely for possible lost time.
Corresponds and phone contact with insureds, claimants, and providers when applicable. Assists Claims
Adjusters as necessary.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Contacts clients, claimants and medical providers for work status of claimants.
• Assesses claims for possible subrogation opportunities.
• Authorizes medical treatment and confirms medical necessity/major contributing cause as
• Approves medical bills.
• Follows up with medical providers for MMI (maximum medical improvement).
• Ensures that each medical and hospital bill has all required information.
• Returns incomplete bills to providers daily.
• Maintains proper reserves.
• Enters bills to be paid in a timely manner.
• Maintains open/closed files monthly and monitors claims for possible lost time.
• Reviews and diaries files for timely and appropriate closure monthly.
• Sets up medical appointments for injured employees
• Assists loss time adjusters with indemnity payments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly.
- Able to comprehend simple written and oral instructions.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner to both internal and external customers and clients.
- Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to three months medical or legal experience desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Workers’ Compensation Adjuster License or All-lines Adjuster License within 6 months of hire