Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
We are searching for candidates who are proactive and passionate about company products and the clients they serve in the intercollegiate sports accident insurance industry. The successful applicant will focus on client retention by building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with assigned clients. S/he takes a consultative approach to understanding client needs and offering customized solutions while providing exemplary customer service. The Account Manager conducts risk assessments, analyzes client data, finds pressure points and identifies cost management strategies. The Account Manager works with Producers and other internal teams, and is expected to project a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, team members and others.
This position will be working with college athletics.
The Account Manager focuses on client retention by building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with assigned Intercollegiate Sports clients. S/he takes a consultative approach to understanding client needs and offering customized solutions while providing exemplary customer service. S/he conducts risk assessments, analyzes client data, finds pressure points and identifies cost management strategies. The Account Manager works with Producers and other internal teams, and consistently projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, team members and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
• Serves as client advocate and a primary point of contact for assigned, nationally-based accounts
• Communicates with clients to understand their needs, develop custom solutions and explain product value
• Builds effective and collaborative relationships with clients based on trust, managing expectations and service commitments, and anticipating their needs
• Handles policy renewals end-to-end for assigned accounts, including but not limited to information gathering, proposal and/or RFP preparation, delivery, binds, invoices and follow up
• Collaborates with Account Executives, Producers and other internal client service teams to fulfill client deliverables
• Identifies, conducts research, and resolves insurance plan issues; determines when issues need to be escalated to the executive/producer level
• Supports Account Executives and Producers in new business development, new client on-boarding and ongoing client service
• Answers email, telephone calls, and/or written correspondence related to client’s plans in a timely manner, documents all client interaction and updates client service logs as required
• Outstanding interpersonal skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations and compliance requirements relevant to the assigned block of business such as HIPAA, COBRA, Health Care Reform and all other legislation and compliance-related areas
• Working knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures
• Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment and meet deadlines
• Goal-oriented, has a strategic mindset, plans accordingly for all activities
• Strong net-worker and prospector with creativity and marketing flair
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree preferred
- Prior account management or related client management experience preferred
- Familiarity with intercollegiate athletic associations a plus
- Ability to travel overnight up to 15% of the time
- 3+ years’ experience in the insurance industry or relevant insurance industry services with a focus on Accident and Health lines of coverage or risk management or student health administration work related experience in a higher education or sports training environment is required
- A Life Accident & Health license from state of domicile is required with 60 days of hire
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.