WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Risk Placement Specialist supports the sales process in an effort to retain and grow the business by providing marketing support that is dependable, accurate, accessible and motivated to succeed. They are responsible for assisting Sales Producers in renewing and writing new business by providing front end underwriting, submitting comprehensive data and information to various markets and communicating with the carriers on accounts in order to negotiate the most competitive pricing. The Risk Placement Specialist also acts as a resource for important carrier information and updates.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Proactively solicits new and renewal business from Sales Producers in order to create trust and frequent use of the marketing department.
- Acts as a resource for carrier information including appetite guides, carrier brochures, who to contact and other important information.
- Holds monthly renewal meetings with Sales Producers and Account Managers to designate account that need to be marketed through the marketing department.
- Reviews application and obtains additional information from Sales Producers or Account Managers as needed.
- Works with Sales Producers to ensure the needs of the prospect have been met such as providing adequate insurance to value on property, satisfying proper co-insurance requirements, correctly classifying exposures, addressing loss history, recommending safety programs, making coverage recommendations, etc.
- Makes complete submissions to markets including, but not limited to, 3-5 year loss runs with a summary spreadsheet, completed supplemental applications, financial statements, photos, brochures, etc. Keeps Sales Producer informed of markets where information was submitted.
- Creates and maintains marketing spreadsheet.
- Develops cover letter describing risk, losses & controls, target premium and quote due date.
- Follows-up with Underwriters to ensure submissions were received and to inquire as to whether or not further information is required.
- Compares quotes received with application and other quotes. Reviews quotes with Sales Producer.
- Prepares and completes proposals, and assists with the sales presentations as needed.
- Provides a copy of the proposal to the Account Manager with the correct premium(s), commissions(s), order to bind coverage, instructions to issue binder, certificates and ID cards.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in the insurance industry preferably in marketing or customer service, or the equivalent of education and experience.
- In-depth understanding of advanced commercial lines of coverage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.