WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Account Manager serves as the business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The individual in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, this person will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Account Manager projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, colleagues and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Leads projects, deadlines and meetings utilizing project management tools.
- Ensures compliance with professional standards including templates, client calendars and peer review.
- Assists with developing employee communication strategy and the execution of this strategy.
- Responsible for engagement letter process.
- Responsible for establishing necessary carrier/vendor relationships.
- Resolves client issues via phone or email. May delegate issue to the analyst.
- Works directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst.
- Compiles health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a spreadsheet template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc.), reviews the transparency documents (compliance documents required for completion of all health and benefits work); maintains all appropriate documents in proper files.
- Peer reviews RFP information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to present to the client.
- Reviews claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Reviews Summary Plan Description (SPD), plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compares to benefits that were sold to the client. Ensures benefits are accurately reflected and information is included where appropriate. Follows up with the carriers to ensure changes are reflected.
- Generates new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the sales plan.
- Gathers health and welfare benefits data from a national survey, enters it into a template and compares client's plan information to other companies by industry or geography. Interprets results and presents the information to the client.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A Life Accident & Health License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained.
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Accident and Health lines of coverage is required.
- In-depth understanding of lines of coverage for employee benefit plans: medical, dental, life, long-term disability (LTD), short-term disability (STD), accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), vision, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Computer literate and able to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier enrollment sites.
- Valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.