WHO WE ARE
Relation Insurance is a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Claim Service Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Property and Casualty team and its claim consultants and is accountable for business results through cost effective and timely resolution of claims and exceptional customer service. In conjunction with senior management, this individual will work within assigned limits of the highest authority on projects requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. In addition to claim handling, the Claim Service Manager will interact with production, loss control, actuarial, and policy administration/audit to share information, gain an understanding of different opinions and perspectives regarding individual claims as well as overall client issues with the ultimate goal of achieving the best possible claim outcome and client satisfaction.
A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR DAY
- Accountable for the selection, training and development of claim consulting staff.
- Manages staff performance; implements strategies and plans to address staff development; provides frequent performance feedback.
- Employs proper claim handling techniques.
- Drives claim execution through effective communication.
- Develops partnerships with Insurance Carriers, TPAs, production, actuarial, loss control and claims consultant teams to evaluate performance and track/trend results.
- Provides direction to claim consulting team on claims management expectation and strategies.
- Develops and implements innovative cost containment programs such as litigation management and early reporting.
- Oversees significant claims to ensure action plans are timely and appropriate.
- Works to develop aggressive action plans to bring claims to closure.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of workers’ compensation best practices, statutes, and legislative changes.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).
- College degree in related field preferred or comparable work experience.
- 10 years’ experience in managing and/or handling Property & Casualty claims.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, teammates, claim adjusters, defense counsel and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Strong knowledge of workers’ compensation best practice, statutes and legislation.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing and fast paced environment.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
WHY CHOOSE RELATION?
- Competitive pay.
- A safe and healthy work environment provided by our robust benefit program including family health and wellness programs, 401K, employee assistance programs, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
- Career advancement and development opportunities.
- Paid training and continuing education to obtain/maintain your insurance license.
Note: The above is not all encompassing of the full position description.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.