Commercial Lines Account Manager
Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Account Manager manages the client relationships and strategically assists with technical and complex insurance needs to ensure a high level of client retention. They have full binding authority with various insurance companies and remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business as well as keeping abreast of the types of insurance products available.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Serves as main point of contact for the client. Addresses client questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, educates client on exclusions and exposures
- Assists with the strategic design of insurance plans for clients with little to no supervision
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carriers in order to determine whether or not coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate
- Strategically assists in the re-marketing of renewals to ensure a high level of account retention
- Oversees the preparation of proposals for the client, including, but not limited to submissions, loss evaluations and risk analysis to ensure timely and accurate quotations and policies. Determines and communicates various options for billing and invoicing
- Prepares summaries of insurance and schedules. Supports client needs by accurately producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions
- In-depth understanding of advanced commercial lines of coverage with the ability to advise clients concerning their complex insurance needs
Education and Qualifications
- College degree preferred
- 3+ years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on commercial lines of coverage is required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU)
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.