Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Responsible for new insurance account production and sales activities within assigned accounts. Conducts research in the market and develops a base of business to educate, promote and sell insurance services. Keeps current on business community activities to obtain leads for business development activities. Maintains and services a profitable book of insurance business for existing clients. Projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, co-workers and others.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Contacts current, past and potential clients to solicit new and renewed business
- Follows up on leads and responds promptly and efficiently to referrals. Listens attentively to the needs of the client and makes recommendations accordingly. Requests referrals from current insurance clients
- Creates and maintains accurate and up-to-date client lists assuring their needs are realized and that they are provided with relevant insurance information appealing to their specific needs
- Designs custom insurance plans for clients and recommends appropriate coverage, which are appropriate for them. Surveys loss exposures, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to ensure exposures for clients. Pre-qualifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Strong negotiator, avid problem solver and works well with different personalities to ensure sale.
- Working knowledge of insurance markets, products and usages is necessary, as well as insurance rating and underwriting procedures
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or 3 to 5 years’ sales experience in the insurance industry is preferred
- Experience working with complex commercial coverage
- Property and Casualty Insurance License and/or Personal Lines Insurance License is required and must be maintained
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.