Career Opportunity for Top Talent!
We are a leading, innovative company with a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. As a key player in the insurance market, we pride ourselves on our dynamic culture, collaborative environment, and continuous drive for success. With a rich history and a bright future ahead, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
The Account Manager manages the client relationships and strategically assists with technical and complex insurance needs to ensure a high level of client retention. They have full binding authority with various insurance companies and remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business as well as keeping abreast of the types of insurance products available.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Serves as main point of contact for the client. Addresses client questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, educates client on exclusions and exposures.
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carriers in order to determine whether or not coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate.
- Strategically assists in the remarketing of renewals to ensure a high level of account retention.
- Oversees the preparation of proposals for the client.
- Prepares summaries of insurance and schedules. Supports client needs by accurately producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims by obtaining adjusters and/or arranging a visit from a member of the claims team.
- Reviews policy audits and verifies their accuracy. Confirms necessary corrections between the client and the carrier are executed. Proactively communicates with client any significant audit differences and determines the need for further action.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save client accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the company’s financial equity.
- Quickly identifies and resolves complex client service issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with high level of drive, energy, persistence, and initiative. This person needs to be proactive, committed, have high standards, be achievement oriented, and do what it takes to get the job done with a high level of enthusiasm. In order to be successful, you must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
This candidate also has a high understanding of personal lines coverage with the ability to advise clients concerning their complex insurance needs, as well as knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings, and underwriting procedures.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree preferred.
- 1-2+ years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on personal lines of coverage is required.
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained with preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (e.g. CISR, CIC, CPCU).
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.