Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities. We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately and in compliance with government regulations. The Payroll Manager exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as payroll changes, personnel relations, and organizational changes.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Coaching and developing direct reports.
- Payroll subject matter expert for the company.
- Reviews payroll registers and payroll calculations prepared by payroll team.
- Assist with processing biweekly, semi-monthly, monthly payrolls.
- Partners with Payroll Service Provider to troubleshoot or implement changes.
- Implements payroll performance measures to analyze cost of payroll process and recommend areas of improvements.
- Opens all new state tax accounts and is the point of contact for all state withholding and unemployment questions.
- Prepares and maintains all payroll standard operating procedures.
- Partners with other departments and the Human Resources team in building accurate payroll reporting.
- Partners with Finance and Accounting teams to assist with general ledger questions or concerns.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll wage & hour laws and best practices.
- Participates in human resources meetings and in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Builds, creates and provides payroll reporting upon request.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Highly detailed and accurate, with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly.
- Legendary customer service skills.
- Familiarity of rules and regulations associated with Wage & Hour Laws, Federal and State.
- Familiarity with payroll tax rules and regulations.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Familiarity with accounting systems and enterprise resource planning systems.
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner to both internal and external customers and clients.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Is proactive, committed, has high standards, and does what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree with Business or Human Resources focus or applicable work experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional highly preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- In depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing.
- Managerial/supervisory experience.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Payroll systems experience with Paylocity and Workday, One Source Virtual.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Relation, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is presented within this posting.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.