Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Premium Accountant is Responsible for the accurate and timely posting of Cash Receipts – payments from our customers. Facilitate the process of Return Premium processing to Customers or Finance Companies. Work closely with internal Account Managers to clear Cash on Account. Collaborate with the Account Managers to research and respond to discrepancies with Customer payments and invoicing. Identify opportunities to improve workflow process and procedures. Create monthly Accounts Receivable analysis on outstanding over 90 items. Train new employees regarding Relation Accounting processes and procedures.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Reviews all Banking Transactions for appropriate documentation.
- Application of Cash Receipts are to be applied accurately in accordance with Customer payment.
- Responds to all CSR/Company inquiries.
- Processes refunds of premium and correspondence relating to refunds.
- Reconciles carrier statements, researches and corrects discrepancies on Net Return Premium.
- Partners with month end closing.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Oversees Trust Bank Accounts.
- Creates and maintains correspondence for the payment of administrative fees, commissions, access fees and overpayments.
- Is responsible for making sure that premium is handled in a smooth, timely manner from when it is received for processing to the booking and closing of transmittals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations associated with HIPAA.
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
- Advanced problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years finance and accounting experience
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.