Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Senior Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The person in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Senior Account Manager will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Senior Account Manager is expected to project a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, coworkers and others. The level of support depends on the size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account. Responsible for managing a large volume book of up to $1 million+.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Builds, expands and solidifies relationships with existing clients and leads appropriate resources to address the client’s risk management needs.
- Develops a thorough understanding of clients’ business strategic priorities, and comfort level to risk.
- Understands client’s deficiencies in coverage and consults with them to make sure they are fully covered to limit any exposures
- Analyses commercial lines accounts and makes decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and control
- Establishes credibility (knowledge/trust) to both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates technical competency and creates innovative solutions.
- Communicates and captures the value that Relation brings to client.
- Secures existing business and drives the sale of additional service and coverages.
- Visits clients independently and leads client discussions.
- Develops and analyzes program and coverage options across lines of business. Presents new business or renewal proposals to client, in conjunction with team members when needed.
- Prepares and negotiates fees ensuring account profitability in a value based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the client service agreement.
- Gathers new business or renewal information to complete applications and related documentation for submission to appropriate insurance markets.
- Prepares account summaries, as required.
- Coordinates loss analysis and loss control activities in conjunction with claims and loss control specialists.
- Delivers documents to insured’s as needed.
- Participates in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Keeps producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Services commercial lines accounts according to the Relation “Legendary Service” format
- Manages stewardship/service agreements ensuring services are provided and deadlines are met.
- Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, Relation’s compliance practices and external compliance requirements.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the agency’s financial equity.
- Maintains and updates electronic files.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance and services to clients.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner.
- Recommends process improvements as needed.
- Other duties and special project as assigned.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of commercial lines of coverage
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of risk management and loss control
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier enrollment sites.
- Exceptional knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Commercial lines of coverage is required
- CPCU and/or Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Designations, a plus
- A Property and Casualty License from state of domicile is required and must be maintained
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.