Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Premium Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that premium for all accounts is paid and distributed in a smooth, timely manner from creation of the premium distributions, to the time insurance enrollment is received through date entry, online input or electronic file processing, to the closing of transmittals and ultimately preparing statements, invoices, and monthly reports. Additionally, the ability to reconcile accounting statements, troubleshoot discrepancies, and maintain a clear audit trail is essential.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Processes Domestic and International premiums for student health insurance, including preparing bank account deposits.
- Maintains Premium Allocation Rate Group tables in the Premium System.
- Creates and maintains correspondence for the payment of commissions, administrative fees and overpayments.
- Responsible for the timely processing of refunds of premiums and correspondence relating to refunds.
- Creates and maintains Premium Participations Reports.
- Prepares Monthly Reports for all Underwriters, miscellaneous vendors and agents.
- Develops, maintains and monitors the “Invoice Log”.
- Corresponds with school administration and personnel regarding late or incorrect payments
- Prepares invoices for amounts due.
- Processes of student checks and credit card authorizations.
- Monitors enrollment to ensure the program’s eligibility requirements are being met.
- Reconciles and reports on enrollment/payment discrepancies.
- Assists in the development of new methods, computer programs, etc. to maximize efficiency.
- Acts as a back-up for enrollment and credit card processing.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
- 3+ years of experience with enrollment and billing, or equivalent comparable experience, required
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.