Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Vice President of Compliance provides health & welfare compliance support and advice to Employee Benefits Sales Executives and Client Service teams. This individual will be responsible for reviewing and researching pertinent federal, state and local laws and regulatory issues, providing training for client service teams to develop their skills and knowledge, assisting in the client compliance education and implementation processes, and participating in the sales and retention process. The position will also be responsible for ensuring clients stay apprised of and in compliance with all applicable laws, including the Affordable Care Act. The Vice President of Compliance will have exceptional research, leadership, business and client relations skills.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Directs clients and internal staff on how to achieve compliance. Reviews compliance requirements with clients and internal staff, provides guidance on remediation actions and services that could be of benefit with regard to industry trends around achieving compliance.
- Provides federal, state and local health & welfare research support to internal staff and clients.
- Leads Relation health & welfare compliance webinars and training for internal staff and clients.
- Prepares for and leads health & welfare compliance meetings with certain clients and prospects.
- Provides content development and oversight of the compliance section on Relation’s Internet and intranet.
- Performs compliance reviews of health plan documents and policies, working with insurance companies, self-funded policyholders, and insured clients as well as the internal Client Service team.
- Works with Business Development personnel, providing information and support to prospective clients and facilitating the implementation of new accounts/plans.
- Provides additional value to clients by offering constructive insights and consultative advice based on experience with client, their industry, established standards, and leading practices.
- Provides support to existing accounts including working with assigned Account Managers and support staff to meet requirements on client deliverables.
- Reviews and approves compliance support materials for Sales and Marketing Department.
- Delivers work that meets or exceeds expectations based on a strong understanding of the client’s business and needs.
- Translates directions into actionable plans that are then delivered on time.
- Learn quickly and implement new processes in rapid, demanding and changing environments while establishing realistic yet aggressive timeframes.
- Assists in overseeing projects which require the ability to work with a diverse group of professionals who fulfill various roles and responsibilities.
- Participates in discussions and meetings to scope and define projects appropriately.
- Prioritizes and schedules workflow – primary vs. secondary responsibilities.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintain annual compliance checklist to be used with employers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Self-motivated with a high level of drive, energy, persistence, and initiative. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, achievement oriented, does what it takes to get the job done, and has a high level of enthusiasm.
- Must demonstrate strong and effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Must demonstrate strong, thoughtful, and creative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent legal and business judgement
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated capacity to independently negotiate complex business transactions
- Willingness and ability to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment and be able to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Represents the company to external parties with the highest levels of professionalism
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in Employee Benefits compliance matters required
- Experience within the Insurance Industry highly preferred
- In-depth transactional knowledge and understanding of corporate law, tax law, and securities law is necessary
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.