Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Working in partnership with the account management, sales and claim processing teams, the Client Service Specialist assists in all aspects of the day-to-day duties associated with servicing new and existing client accounts in our intercollegiate sports and special risk division. Additionally, this position works with external vendors and partners, manages several operational projects, and ensures recordkeeping is maintained in accordance with company procedures. This individual must be a skilled communicator with the ability to create a positive first impression of the Company.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Serves as client advocate and primary point of contact for initial client inquiries.
- Develops professional business relationships with Producers, Underwriters, Account Managers, company partners and clients and demonstrates a clear understanding of our core business.
- Responds quickly and accurately to policy and service-related questions, performing research and escalating as needed.
- Maintains client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper recordkeeping and documentation in accordance with company procedures.
- Assists in the collection of underwriting data and renewal materials.
- Assists Producers, Underwriters and Account Managers in preparing quotes and presentations for clients and prospects for various lines of insurance and may participate in client meetings as appropriate.
- Assists team with basic primary and catastrophic accident insurance annual enrollments and tracking.
- Compiles records and deliverables for Primary Insurance Verification Services, and manages vendor relationships for this program.
- Processes invoices in the agency management system and logs receipt of incoming premium payments.
- Prepares and distributes ID cards and claim kits, as needed.
- Reviews policies for accuracy.
- Assists in generating various reports for stakeholders (Producers, Account Management, Underwriting, and clients)
- Assists in Online Client Portal User setup and front-line service, in conjunction with the IT Help Desk.
- Manages logistics for conferences attendees, including but not limited to maintaining inventory of giveaway items, booth shipment to and from events, expense tracking, assisting with advertising and lead follow ups.
- Provides general support for ICS and special risk team.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of products and services offered by the Company.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Experience with client management systems a plus.
- Must be able to understand written and oral communications and interpret information written within plan documents.
- Working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with HIPAA.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to operate calmly in a high-pressure environment
- Enthusiastic, dependable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Hands-on, open minded, proactive team player
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- 2-4 years’ Client Service experience with preference given to individuals with experience in health and accident insurance
A Life, Health and Accident License from state of domicile is required within 3 months of hire and must be maintained thereafter.
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.