Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
This position is a hybrid remote schedule out of our Overland Park, KS office.
The HR Specialist, Employee Experience undertakes a variety of tasks to facilitate the employee life cycle, such as managing the employee experience from onboarding to offboarding exiting employees. The HR Specialist, Employee Experience works accurately and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end completion of human resources operations and projects, contributing to the attainment of specific goals and results of the human resources department and the organization. The HR Specialist, Employee Experience exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings, promotions and payroll related matters, personnel relations and organizational changes.
- Contributes to the development and administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions.
- Partners to maintain accurate and complete employee records in electronic and paper form, as applicable, and ensures all recordkeeping requirements are met.
- Organizes, maintains and updates employee information as needed in a variety of systems
- Manages employee status changes, promotion letters, transition letters, rate changes (including seeking appropriate approvals and entering into the company’s system).
- Works with both managers and candidates to complete onboarding requirements pre-hire.
- Completes employee onboarding, including scheduling and presenting employee orientations, oversees the creation of new employee files, and ensures all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons.
- Drafts offer letters, imports censuses, initiates onboarding and assists acquisitioned employees with system questions.
- May assist in creating, scheduling, and conducting other orientations or employee training sessions, including assisting in the management of the company’s Learning Platform.
- Manages onboarding analytics such as: turnaround time from recruitment to employment, measuring the timeline for onboarding completion, new hire turnover within the first year of employment, and other metrics as needed.
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, worker’s compensation, etc.).
- Fosters positive employee relations and works to solve employee issues that surface.
- Administers and tracks employee agreements, as necessary.
- Tracks licensing requirements and reports on employment changes to Legal and Finance weekly.
- Assigns required compliance trainings. Contacts employees to follow up on assigned trainings, employee agreements, or tasks as needed.
- Conducts feedback surveys with new employees and reports on trends.
- Manages quarterly Employee Experience Surveys including creating, administering, and gathering results for the Human Resources Business Partners to present to each region
- Evaluates employee experience throughout the employee life cycle
- Compiles exit information for terminating employees, and reports on trends. Works with Human Resources Business Partners to prepare exit paperwork.
- Creates termination files and completes termination checklists for exiting employees and files I-9’s as appropriate.
- Participates in human resources meetings and in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Attends training and seminars (via online or in person) as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meets strict deadlines, prioritizes well, and is able to handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment. We are looking for someone who is goal-oriented and self-motivated; takes initiative and is proactive; committed; has high standards, and does what it takes to get the job done!
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College graduate with Human Resources focus or equivalent required
- 2-5 years of human resources experience highly preferred
- SHRM or aPHR/PHR Certification, or equivalent preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.