Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
The Financial Analyst combines comprehensive technical knowledge and analytical ability with strong interpersonal skills to support and manage sensitive, highly visible work. Reporting to and working directly with the CFO as well as working closely with other members of the Finance leadership team and the Head of M&A.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE POSITION
- Reviews and tracks financial results of business units versus budgets, including supporting the preparation of requisite documentation, investigation, and related impact studies.
- Supports the Senior Finance Project Manager and the M&A team across multiple projects by preparing financial and/or operational analyses for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Interacts with and assists in the project management of a broad cross-functional team throughout the deal process including: Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Business Development, Information Technology and Legal.
- Supports the preparation and review of pro forma financial analysis as part of the M&A process
- Provides input and direction as a member of the integration team.
- Supports corporate initiatives such as preparing presentations and analysis for senior management and the board of directors.
- Assists in administrative activities for the Finance and M&A team which might include expense tracking, budgeting/forecasting and preparing deal status reports.
- Assists in tracking deals post-closing, including business performance and tracking earn out calculations.
- Assists management with special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders, and ad hoc reporting.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to leverage systems to enhance efficiencies in the business, including Power BI.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication
- Solid problem solving, relationship management, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Professional integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Highly organized and able to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and tight deadlines
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment
- Works cross-functionally and at all levels as both a self-starter and in a team environment
- Ability to prepare and present complex and written and oral reports
- Some travel required
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.