Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top priorities…our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
This position is a hybrid remote schedule out of Overland Park, KS.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the entire Human Resources team in supporting Relation Insurance, Inc. This position is responsible for actively participating in the following functional areas: employment and payroll law compliance, policy improvement and implementation, participating in the recruiting process, onboarding new employees, offboarding exiting employees, accurate recordkeeping, training and development, employee engagement and department auditing initiatives. The Human Resources Generalist exercises individual judgment and the utmost discretion when managing sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings and investigations, payroll, personnel relations and organizational changes.
- Contributes to the development and administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions. Helping to improve and increase the synergies of human resources programs, policies, practices and processes to meet the strategic and operational issues of the Relation organization.
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, worker’s compensation, etc.). Maintains knowledge of Human Resources policies, programs, laws and issues. Implements practices to reduce EPL exposure.
- Manages employee status changes, promotion letters, transition letters, rate changes (including seeking appropriate approvals and entering into the company’s system)
- Partners in the preparation and filing annual filings (i.e., EEO-1)
- Completes other compliance reporting and general reporting requests
- Supports the design, implementation and administration of the performance management programs
- Creates and updates position descriptions as well as develops employee career paths and ladders
- Contributes to the development of compensation programs and analysis; participates in compensation reviews and completes salary surveys
- Actively partners with the Talent Acquisition Team in the recruitment process including reviewing resumes, conducting phone interviews and scheduling manager interviews, reference and background checks, and preparation of offer letters; acting as a back stop to the department as needed
- May assist in creating, scheduling, and conducting new hire orientations, benefit orientations and other employee training sessions, including assisting in the management of the company’s Learning Platform
- May assist with the implementation and maintenance of FMLA/CFRA and leave of absence policies and procedures
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and payroll laws
- Compiles exit information for terminating employees and reports on trends. Works with Human Resources Business Partners to prepare exit paperwork.
- Creates, administers, and tracks employee specific surveys and creates reporting/presentations on results as appropriate
- Manages quarterly Employee Experience Surveys including creating, administering, and gathering results for the Human Resources Business Partners to present to each region
- Manages quarterly Relation Rockstar Program including creating, administering, and gathering survey results for Relation Rockstar nominees and working with the Relation Rockstar Committee to choose winners
- Tracks service anniversaries, orders gifts and sends to associates
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College graduate or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of human resources experience
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification highly preferred
Relation Insurance Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.